Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lapis, If you Please?


Let me tell y'all-I didn't have to search far for this week's weekly inspiration! We received a BEAUTIFUL wedding invitation to a friend of my husband's, and the color scheme was so great! Light blue and yellow intertwined....think this:


DIY Blue and Yellow Invites, per Pinterest
Thanks, Pinterest, for putting the world at our fingertips. And, I'm lucky enough to actually BE (that's right BE) in my best friend's wedding this May...which I'm SUPER pumped about-and her colors include a STUNNING shade of blue. So, that got me thinking...a) what a FABULOUS combo and b) I PERSONALLY LOVE BLUE...especially LAPIS!!!

One might ask, what's lapis? It's this stand out hue of blue that is sure to be noticed (for all the right reasons).
Tory Burch, rockin' the Lapis..




Some other ideas on how to rock this blue hue in your wedding?


Lapis is a rich color-exuding opulence. Stemming from the mineral (lapis), it is even rumored to have been used in mineral form (ground to powder) as Cleopatra's favorite eyeshadow shade. It is strong, bold, and not for the faint of heart. It commands attention, and that's why I love it!


Other blue hues with yellow that rock my socks off?  If you want to go a little less lapis..and a little more navy (which I'm also loving...and will be wearing at my BFW (best friend's wedding).....here are some trending ideas to inspire:
Accenting done WONDERFULLY! So visually appealing.

And another navy and yellow inspired look for decor:

Take life's lemons..and make a great, inexpensive centerpiece!
If this isn't reason to sing the blues, we don't know what is! Blue is such an amazing color, with such variety and depth-a great staple in choosing the perfect palette for your wedding. And whether you choose my pick of the week, lapis, or navy, robin's egg, or another FABULOUS shade....rock it. Own it. And be as bold as the color you choose to represent you and your hubby-to-be on your big day!

Till next time...

Happy Celebrating!!

Lettie Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment